Using Grow Lamps Correctly
Using Grow Lamps correctly, the grow lamp can single handedly improve your indoor plants vitality and growth. Unfortunately many new gardeners do not know how to use a Grow Lamp properly, impeding on growth and the other benefits of a Grow Lamp. There are two main reasons for why a Grow Lamp won’t work; the first reason is because the Grow Lamp isn’t located close enough to the plant. A Grow Lamp should be 12 to 18 inches from the plant in order to work for the plant. If you are growing from seedlings then you will need to place the Grow Lamp even closer, to ensure that the seedlings actually receive the nutrients.
This will prevent the seedlings from getting leggy. The Grow Lamp should be typically three to six inches from the seedling for best results. The second reason is that the Grow Lamp doesn’t provide the full spectrum; the sun provides UV, to Gamma, Alpha, and Beta Radiation, whereas a Grow Lamp can only mimic the sun with a hot or cold bulb. Ask your nurseryman if he has a Grow Lamp that has both bulbs or use multiple Grow Lamps to provide the best result. There are also fluorescent Grow Lamps, with these you’ll need to find a bulb that is on the hot end of the spectrum and one that is on the cold end of the spectrum respectively.
When used properly Grow Lamps can enable your in-door plants to flourish, and provide vital nutrients and warmth that in-door plants don’t get as opposed to their outdoor brethren.
Written by cameroneittreim
Related Lamp Articles
- 3 Pack GE Lighting H1-55NH/BP Automotive Fog / Driving Light Nighthawk Bulb 1 Lamp per Blister
- Plant Presents From your Own Garden
- GE Nighthawk 921NH/BP2 Automotive Replacement Bulbs, Pack of 2
- LA, Natural History, museum lights up with LEDtronics, LED, bulbs, Lamps, Lighting, PAR38 bulb, G25 LED bulb,
- SANYO PROJECTOR LAMPS – HOW TO ENSURE THEY LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
- The main difference between Plasma and LCD TV's
- This is Only a Brief History of Light Bulbs
- How to Plant a Cutting Garden
- Research New Lamps For Your Home With 4G Internet
- The Importance of Garden Decor